One of the many benefit of being a Sports Executives Association member is the access we provide our members to top sports business professionals who are willing to network and help aspiring sports business professionals take their sports career to the next level!
Yesterday, we were joined by Bill Guertin, CEO – Stadium Gorilla.
Who is Bill Guertin?
Bill is an expert speaker and sales motivator, with 25+ years in successful small-market broadcast advertising sales, medical sales, and sales training. He is the CEO of The 800-Pound Gorilla, a sales improvement company that works with a diverse mix of companies and individuals to help them become the dominant player (the “800-Pound Gorilla”) in the market they serve.
Bill’s affiliated company, Stadium Gorilla, works specifically with the ticket sales departments of professional sports teams, including those in the NBA, NFL, MLB, NHL, MLS, NASCAR, and others.
Bill is the author of two books, including “Reality Sells: How to Bring Customers Back Again and Again By Marketing Your Genuine Story,” (WBusiness Books) and “The 800-Pound Gorilla of Sales: How To Dominate Your Market” (John Wiley & Sons).
As a keynote speaker, sales motivator, marketing consultant, and conference speaker, Bill brings his trademarks of passion and enthusiasm to whatever he does.
SEA Members Learn and Network with Sports Business Professionals
During the live Q&A, we talked with Bill about:
- How and why he decided to pursue a career in the sports industry.
- Why sports teams value a willingness to learn sales as one of the highest and best qualities to have in their organizations
- What a job in sports ticket sales involves, and what teams are looking for when they interview for sales positions
- How to test yourself to see if sales is for you
- Where to get more information on careers in sports sales.
- You will also be able to ask your own burning questions throughout the LIVE Q&A via chat or video.
Bill Guertin Discusses What It Takes To Make It In Sports
One of the questions we ask all of our LIVE Q&A guests is to provide one piece of advice to our members that will help them land their dream job in sports.
The video below includes a short clip (3 mins) from the LIVE Q&A where Bill addresses this question.