The annual #ArmyNavy college football rivalry game just went social.
With the service academy matchup a little over two weeks away, the #ArmyNavy game has decided to expand its social media in sports presence; the game will take place at Lincoln Financial Field in Philadelphia on Dec. 8, with kickoff set for 3 p.m.
Currently, fans have the opportunity to not only follow, but also participate in a wide array of activities surrounding the top rivalry football game in the country.
Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, Instagram, Pinterest, and YouTube will all be utilized to showcase this rivalry in the weeks leading up to the game as well as on gameday. Not to mention, there’s even a website dedicated to the game.
Below, check out the ways in which the #ArmyNavy game is utilizing social media in sports. If you want to follow #ArmyNavy on the various social media accounts, click here.
#ArmyNavy Game Is Utilizing Social Media In Sports
- Fans are encouraged to use the hashtag #ArmyNavy in all their social media discussions.
- A host of folks associated with the game, including current and former players, will be available for on-line chats leading up to the game and on the day of the contest as well.
- Scavenger hunts and trivia contests, online polls, blog posts, online chats, interaction and spirit video contests and photo submission elements are all part of the new initiatives.
- Moving closer to the game, items will be hidden in and around the host city as a part of a 10-day scavenger hunt. Clues will be tweeted from @Army_Navy_Game and listed on Facebook each day. When fans find the items, they are encouraged to tweet a photo to @Army_Navy_Game or email a photo to firstname.lastname@example.org. The name of each day’s winner will then be entered in a random drawing to receive four tickets to this year’s game, four on-field, pregame passes and a parking pass.
- A Social Media Center will be established in the fanfest area at HeadHouse Plaza at Lincoln Financial Field.
- Facebook albums and Pinterest boards will be built during the game.
SBNow Interviews Army Exec. AD, Bob Beretta, About #ArmyNavy
Photo Credi: #ArmyNavy