The MLS National Sales Center is looking for applicants for its March sports sales program. The program selects 12 lucky people who have a passion for both selling and soccer. The program lasts up to four months in Blaine, Minnesota and is an exclusive opportunity to learn the environment and exposure of MLS ticket sales.
Trainees accepted into the program receive a stipend to help offset board, meal plan and relocation. There are also opportunities to earn commission during program. In addition to the real life sales experience selling for MLS clubs, trainees will also benefit from instructional feedback from audio and video analysis and innovative coaching from local improv theatre instructors. After each month those who qualify will be be given the opportunity to use what they have learned to sell season, group and mini plan ticket packages and offered a job interview with select MLS clubs in their sales office.
Exclusive Opportunity For Members Of The Sports Executives Association!
One lucky member of the Sports Executives Association will receive an exclusive opportunity to be interviewed for a position with the MLS National Sales Center. There are many benefits to joining the SEA including the opportunity to network with other sports business professionals, tons of free training, ebooks and webinars and, of course, access to exclusive job opportunities!
Click here to Join The SEA For Only $4.95
How To Apply For The MLS National Sales Center
The application process is simple.
- Sign up for the Sports Executives Association (and then join the Sports Executives Association MEMBERS ONLY Facebook Group)
- Create an “elevator pitch” video telling the NSC why you are right for this job. The video should include your name, college attended, why you want to work in soccer and why you want to work in sales. (Also, make sure to tell them you are a member of the Sports Executives Association) – the entire pitch should be no longer than 1 minute.
- Upload your video to YouTube or any other site and copy the URL
- Complete the NSC application and make sure to include the video URL in your application. And, tell the NSC in 100 words or less what excites you the most about the possibility of being accepted into the MLS National Sales Center.
- Finally, Make sure to post your video on the Sports Executives Association MEMBERS ONLY Facebook Group
*The application deadline is February 17th!
Looking for some tips on how to put together a killer elevator pitch? Check out this video from a past applicant:
MLS National Sales Center – Melanie’s Elevator Pitch
Here’s what others are saying about the MLS National Sales Center:
Doug Quinn – President – FC Dallas
MLS National Sales Center – Candidates Perspective
Are you going to apply to the MLS National Sales Center? Leave a comment below once you’ve applied so we can help promote your endevour!