Athletes on Twitter: A Popular Pastime off the Field There was a time we admired athletes for their physical prowess and feats of heroic strength, but we didn’t really know their true colors. It’s awfully difficult to get to know someone from the five words they say in the locker room during the post-game interview.Read more →
Tag Archives | Shaquille O’Neal
The Sportsbiz Weekly Buzz is a collection of articles curated by Sports Networker’s Online Marketing Coordinator – Steve Richards Sports Business ACC Expansion Will Pay Off In New TV Deal “ACC expansion will mean at least $1 million to $2 million a year in additional revenue for each of the conference’s existing schools, according toRead more →
This is a guest post from Thomas Stone. A spontaneous decision to post one’s thoughts can backfire in an instant, but think of the backfire that can ensue for athletes with thousands of followers. History is clear evidence of the damage a simple “tweet” can cause to an athlete’s reputation. “What kind of person celebrates death?”Read more →
As Director of Interactive Media for the Boston Celtics, Peter Stringer (@PeterStringer) oversees the social media entities of one of the NBA’s most successful, storied and beloved franchises. I caught up with Stringer recently and asked him about social media, engagement, mobile apps and how job seekers can help their cause through social media. WhatRead more →
Question: Who can benefit more from social media: small-time or big-time athletes? Ryan: My initial reaction is small time athletes and big-time athletes once their career is in a decline. I will start with the argument for small-time athletes. Upper echelon and mainstream athletes already have significant followings. Many have endorsement deals, sell tons ofRead more →
In November 2009, I introduced a series of articles I called ‘Social Media Report Card,’ where I graded each of the four major sports leagues – NBA, NFL, NHL, and MLB – on their social media presence. I made a point of being harsh. In particular, I criticized each of the leagues for only utilizingRead more →
True to the social-media savvy, NBA All-Star’s form, Shaquille O’Neal’s two-day stay in Vegas tipped off with on-the-street giveaways as a part of an all-night social media blitz that took place to launch the weekend’s enlyten events. Digital Royalty planned the first-ever progressive tweet-up, known as a Tweethop. It’s a mixture between a Tweetup, aRead more →
FREE Advice From The Pros Ebook
Want to learn the secrets to success from some of the most influential people in sports?
We've assembled an All-Star cast of sports pros working in business, marketing, media and other fields in the sports industry who have given their advice for landing that dream job in sports!
Once you click the DOWNLOAD NOW button, make sure to check your email for the link to download the FREE Advice From The Pros ebook.
Your Information is 100% Secure With Us And Will Never Be Shared With Anyone.
- Sports iPhone App Review: League For Basketball Connects Players January 12, 2012
- 13 Ways To Generate Massive Success On LinkedIn December 18, 2008
- 13 Underrated Sports Professionals on Twitter May 5, 2009
- LA Kings Digital Media Staff Defend Infamous Tweet [VIDEO] April 30, 2012
- Where Are The Sports Social Networks? October 22, 2010
- so go for a sleek black dress that skims your curves9: Thank you for the sensible critique. Me & my n...
- Clint Eastwood: hey there and thanks for your information ? I have...
- Magazine For Primagraphics Technology: Hi thankyou on your information on this blog post ...
- frontier internet: Its not my first time to visit this web page, i ...
- Professional Athletes on Social Media: Why Some...: [...] [...]...