BCS. Sometimes that’s all you have to say to launch a storm of criticism about today’s way to select the best team in college football. Just ask Bill Hancock, last week’s newly named executive director of the Bowl Championship Series. To be sure, Hancock is no Johnny-come-lately. He was the first director of the FinalRead more →
Tag Archives | Sports PR
Most everything that could be written and discussed about in recent news that Rush Limbaugh wanted to buy into a group seeking to purchase the St. Louis Rams, has been said and documented. What’s lingered in the back of the room is the reality of why the conservative talk show host was bumped from potentialRead more →
Will public relations help dig professional tennis star out of controversy? Two weeks later, and people are still talking about the Serena Slam on a U.S. Open linesperson. I spoke to a friend today who just got off the tennis court and described a controversial call. She said not to worry – that she didn’tRead more →
The sports industry has been fraught with public relations challenges the past 10 days. When I began to form this post in my head, the “only” examples were Michael Vick, Brett Favre, Plaxico Burress and Major League Baseball. Today I add to that the National Football League and ESPN. What could be more appropriate forRead more →
Image by bluemedia1 This is a guest post by Ryan Stephens Sports companies and brands have traditionally been slow at adopting web 2.0 and social media strategies. This is unfortunate because fans are all over the web having conversations about your brands without you. Joining this space, and potentially becoming a prevalent figure in thisRead more →
FREE Advice From The Pros Ebook
Want to learn the secrets to success from some of the most influential people in sports?
We've assembled an All-Star cast of sports pros working in business, marketing, media and other fields in the sports industry who have given their advice for landing that dream job in sports!
Once you click the DOWNLOAD NOW button, make sure to check your email for the link to download the FREE Advice From The Pros ebook.
Your Information is 100% Secure With Us And Will Never Be Shared With Anyone.
- Sports iPhone App Review: League For Basketball Connects Players January 12, 2012
- 13 Ways To Generate Massive Success On LinkedIn December 18, 2008
- 13 Underrated Sports Professionals on Twitter May 5, 2009
- LA Kings Digital Media Staff Defend Infamous Tweet [VIDEO] April 30, 2012
- Where Are The Sports Social Networks? October 22, 2010
- audioboo.fm: I tend not to leave a response, however I glanced ...
- David Eastman: i think they are way overpaid. Great article!!!!...
- furniture: I've been exploring for a little bit for any high...
- Karen: I think its horrible that the world we live in has...
- The Power of Social Media in Sports | Sports Et...: [...] At any given second, you can roll your offic...