Six months ago, the National Hockey League was receiving last rites. Entrenched in their third lockout in 19 years, the consensus in the sports media was that the NHL would go the way of VHS tapes. “Fans are fed up.” “Nobody will come to the arenas, or watch the games.” Even Detroit Red Wings coach,Read more →
About Kwame FlahertyKwame is a native New Yorker with over a decade of experience in the sports industry. He has worked for the NBA, Madison Square Garden and New York Jets. He is currently manages the NFL Grassroots Program, a grant program that helps build and refurbish football fields in in urban communities. He is also a freelance writer.
Author Archive | Kwame Flaherty
In what is probably the worst kept secret in the sports business, Jay-Z is selling his stake in the Brooklyn Nets so he can become a full-time sports agent. Jay-Z is not the first entertainer to own a piece of a sports franchise, nor is he the first rapper to become an agent, but basedRead more →
The NFL Draft has become the Super bowl of the off-season. The NFL has taken what is essentially a human resources function, and turned it into a three-day event. The NFL Draft is: Sponsored by some of the most successful companies in the world Broadcast by two networks Watched by 25 million people last year. Unfortunately,Read more →
With the advent of social media, niche professional associations, training programs and reality television, there have never been more ways to land a job. However, no matter how many Twitter followers you have, or how high your Klout score, the old-fashioned resume is still the most important tool for any job seeker. A well-crafted resume willRead more →
FREE Advice From The Pros Ebook
Want to learn the secrets to success from some of the most influential people in sports?
We've assembled an All-Star cast of sports pros working in business, marketing, media and other fields in the sports industry who have given their advice for landing that dream job in sports!
Once you click the DOWNLOAD NOW button, make sure to check your email for the link to download the FREE Advice From The Pros ebook.
Your Information is 100% Secure With Us And Will Never Be Shared With Anyone.
- Sports iPhone App Review: League For Basketball Connects Players January 12, 2012
- 13 Ways To Generate Massive Success On LinkedIn December 18, 2008
- 13 Underrated Sports Professionals on Twitter May 5, 2009
- LA Kings Digital Media Staff Defend Infamous Tweet [VIDEO] April 30, 2012
- Where Are The Sports Social Networks? October 22, 2010
- www.perfspot.com: I do not even know the way I stopped up here, but ...
- frank rumbauskas never cold call again reviews: I really like what you guys are up too. This type ...
- cars: Shopping for a new or used car can be a difficult ...
- One of the rare non-Apple laptops seen in an otherwise cool park full of cool people | The Latest Trends: [...] за Forward Singles (3)." It was also ...
- Creative Marketing in the Majors | Create Your Market: [...] http://www.sportsnetworker.com/2013/05/21/ma...