Beth Grupsmith has been Managing Director of the Sports Business Education Network (SBEN) since it’s inception in September 2012.
Created and funded by the McCormack Foundation, this non-profit organization carries on the tradition of Mark H. McCormack of connecting the sports industry and the classroom.
SBEN works with companies, universities and associations in the sports industry, who are staging events where experts are gathered to address an audience.
From keynote addresses at a conference, to guest lectures at a University, to a corporate internship program, senior executives are often called on to share their wisdom. SBEN is designed to amplify those efforts by allowing audiences from around the world to tune in to live, multimedia coverage of those events.
Grupsmith holds a Bachelor’s of Business Administration and a Bachelor’s of Science from the University of Massachusetts Amherst. She is a current member on the Board of Directors for the Women in Sports and Events Boston Chapter and is the Social Media Coordinator for the Sport Marketing Association.
During the interview, we discussed:
- SBEN and it’s goals
- What organizations SBEN works with
- What SBEN has already done, and where it hopes to be in the next 12-18 months?
- SBEN’s new project Live From the Desk (#deskques) formerly called (which is what it’s referred to as in the interview Live at your Desk)
- What projects and events SBEN has coming up?
- How did Beth Grupsmith get her start in Sports Business and what advice would she give to other people trying to get into sports business?