Tickets for the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic games are now on sale, but not to just anyone.
On Thursday sports ticket sales for Sochi were made available to citizens and foreigners residing only in Russia.
The announcement comes exactly a year before the games are scheduled to take place.
The 2014 Sochi Winter Olympics opening ceremony is February 7, 2014.
The small city of Sochi, with 343,334 inhabitants will be transformed into a breathtaking venue for the 2014 edition of the Olympic Winter Games.
Check out the video below for news about Sochi and the venues that will be used for the Olympic games:
Sochi Olympics 2014
Tickets to the event vary in price and there are rules and regulations that come with purchasing tickets.
Sochi Sports Ticket Sales Prices
- 500 rubles ($17) to see competition in the mountains
- 50,000 rubles ($1,700) for a category A seat to the opening ceremony
- 7,000 rubles ($230) for the men’s ice hockey gold medal game
- Over 42 percent of the tickets will be cheaper than 3,000 rubles ($100) to attract as many fans as possible
- Fans will be able to get into any competition for a minimum of 1,500 ($50)
- Opening ceremony seats start at 4,500 rubles ($150)
Sochi Sports Ticket Sales Rules and Restrictions
- Organizers are restricting sports ticket sales to four tickets per person in hockey, figure skating and the opening and closing ceremonies and eight tickets per person for all other sports.
- As well as buying a ticket, spectators will have to register them to obtain a fan passport which will give them access to the Olympic venues.
If you are living abroad and want to buy tickets you must go through the ticketing partners of your countries’ national Olympic committees.
Photo Credit: theskichannel.com
Hello my loved one! I wish to say that this post is amazing, great written and include approximately all significant infos.
I would like to peer more posts like this .