Part 1 of 4 video interviews with SF Giants – Social Media Director – Bryan Srabian
What started out as a “planned” 15 minute interview last week with Bryan Srabian ended up turning into a information packed 60 minute conversation about social media strategy, campaigns, monetization and what it takes to break into the sports industry.
So great in fact that I’ve decided to break down the interview into 4 parts so that you can take in all the valuable information that Bryan has to offer (without feeling like your head is going to explode!). 🙂
Social Media Strategy – Key Takeaways
In this first video interview, we talk about his role with the San Francisco Giants and how the Giants are using social media to connect with their fan base. Here are just a few of the things we discussed:
- Bryan’s unique path into his current role as the SF Giants Social Media Director
- His personal “WOW” moment that has impacted the Giants current social media strategy
- The secret behind the Giants success in being named the #1 Socially Engaged Team On Facebook during the 2012 MLB Preseason
- The unique relationship with MLBAM and how decisions are made when implementing new technologies into their social media strategy
- How the SF Giants are using Pinterest and Tumblr to connect with niche markets
Check out Part 2 in this video interview series where we talk with Bryan about some of the unique Social Media Campaigns the SF Giants have launched in the past year.
How do you think the SF Giants compare to other MLB teams when it comes to their use of social media? What are they doing great? What do you think they could be doing better? Leave your comments below and/or send us a tweet to @sportsnetworker