Are you motivated, entrepreneurial, and looking for valuable experience to help you land your dream job in the Sports Industry? Looking to combine your knowledge of and interest in sports with your Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and WordPress skills?
If you answered YES to these questions…..then the Sports Networker Internship could be for you!
About Sports Networker
SportsNetworker is one of the top sites for professionals in the sports industry as well as those interested in starting a career in sports. The site reaches our network of roughly 50,000 sports executives and professional athletes and continues to grow everyday. We cover topics including Social Media and Sports, Sports Marketing, Sports Public Relations, Sports Sponsorships and Endorsements, Sports Agent topics, Ticket Sales and Venues, Professional Athlete Digital Branding and more.
Who Are We Looking For?
Sports Networker is looking for a passionate SPORTS MARKETING INTERN with online marketing experience, strong social and writing skills. We need someone knowledgeable of social platforms like Facebook, Twitter and YouTube and demonstrated experience working with WordPress websites. THIS IS A PAID INTERNSHIP that requires a passion for the sports industry, tireless hustle, attention to details and the ability to meet all deadlines.
Key attributes and skills for desired applicant:
- Willingness to join an exciting team with ambitions for growth in our company
- Willingness to learn quickly and to be trained on in-demand skills
- Tenacious enthusiasm for sports, online marketing, social media and supporting team members
- Creative writing skills, a proven passion for blogging and demonstrated experience with WordPress
- Proven experience in creating engaging content, online networking and relationship building
- Experience with Document Building: Word Processors, Spreadsheets, Databases etc.
- Graphic Design skills considered an asset but not required
- Your own computer with high-speed internet access
What Are We Looking For?
The SPORTS MARKETING INTERN will contribute to the branding, promotion, and implementation of an online marketing strategy for SportsNetworker.com. As a member of our marketing team, you will have a passion for technology, social media and sports.
The SPORTS MARKETING INTERN role includes but is not limited to the following:
- Assist in the development of a cutting edge online marketing strategy
- Monitoring conversations online around the Sports Networker brand and associated keywords
- Management of content calendar, editing and publishing activities on WordPress
- Content syndication and link building activities – Blog and forum comments
- Development of targeted, keyword rich content to be used on social media platforms
- Management of Facebook Fan Pages, Twitter accounts, YouTube channels and other emerging media platforms
- Implementation and management of online contests and rewards programs that encourage sharing and engagement
- Building and nurturing of relationships with potential sponsors, affiliates, advocates and online influencers
- Weekly reporting on valuable metrics and actionable insights for fan engagement and website growth
As a SPORTS MARKETING INTERN, the majority of your time will be spent working remotely and collaborating with Sports Networker management using multiple online communication tools including Skype, Basecamp, Google Docs, Hootsuite, WordPress (Edit Flow Plugin), etc.
What’s In It For You?
THIS IS A PAID INTERNSHIP with a minimum required commitment of 25-30 hours per week. The duration of the internship with be for 3 months at which time we will review your progress and discuss future opportunities with Sports Networker. Compensation will be discussed with short-listed candidates.
Wondering about the benefits of working with Sports Networker? Point blank – it is rare opportunity and unparalleled experience. This opportunity with Sports Networker is a fully involved, learning by doing experience. You will be asked to take on critical tasks that directly contribute to the growth and success of Sports Networker.
And, of course, if you are passionate about sports and dream about working in the sports industry……this opportunity will give you the experience and networking opportunities required to help launch your career in the sports industry.
If you are up for the challenge, we encourage you to apply for the SPORTS MARKETING INTERNSHIP role by completing the application form below. Applications will be reviewed by Sports Networker management and selected candidates will be asked to schedule a Skype interview.