Austin, who hails from Washington D.C., is the founder and editor-in-chief of his own sports blog and has worked in the media departments of both the Washington Redskins and Nationals.
In his new role, Austin will be reporting via the @XFINITYSports Twitter account behind the scenes at some of the biggest sporting events in the world.
I had the opportunity to speak with Austin recently where we discussed:
- Some of the highlights in the first month of his new role as the Xfinity Sports Guy
- What his initial reaction was when he heard the news that he had won the contest
- Why he believes his past sports internship experience helped him land his dream job in sports
- What he believes helped him ultimately stand out above the crowd and win the contest
- Austin also tells us about the Ultimate Sports Pad package that he is receiving and what he is most looking forward to receiving
- And finally……Austin offers advice to other that want to work in sports