Problem to access license server. cURL error 6: Could not resolve host: shortcodesdeluxe.comProblem to access license server. cURL error 6: Could not resolve host: shortcodesdeluxe.com How to Find Your Sports Agent | Sports NetworkerSports Networker

Top Menu

How to Find Your Sports Agent

This article is for all the young athletes who depend on Sports Networker to provide resourceful tools for your future sports career. You’ve got hustle, talent, and on your way to the pro level. How do you find a sports agent who has your best interest in mind? Here are some tips to help you find the right agent who will represent you, the athlete…and you, the person.

1. Ask fellow athletes and professional level personnel for referrals.

Word gets around quickly and good agents come highly recommended, based on experience and a stellar record of matching athletes to the right team and the best package.

2. Hold out for the best.

Many will attempt to woo you to sign with them. They will offer money, LOTS of it. Don’t just sign with the first agent you talk to. Interview many agents and ask a ton of questions. Believe me, they’re used to it.

3. Perform a background check.

Do your homework! Ask for references of peers and a list of former clients who obtained successful contracts through that agent. Take time to call and check out the agents’ credibility. If they’re reputable, they will not have any problem with you doing a little investigation.

4. Utilize the Sports Agent Directory.

This is a comprehensive listing of agents and their contact information. Still – do your homework. Just because an agent is listed in a directory, doesn’t mean he or she is reputable or the right match for you and your sports goals. Don’t do any business with an agent unless he’s an educated, certified agent.

5. Don’t sign on the dotted line just yet.

If you’re planning to play college ball, signing with an agent will wipe out your eligibility. Don’t let an agent tell you they might not be available when you’re ready to sign. There are enough good agents in the world to go around.

6. Make sure the agent is adept at CBA’s and is well connected.

A great agent is well connected in the industry. He has thousands of phone numbers of coaches, general managers, scouts, and athletic managers. He’s on the cutting edge of proposals and he’s at the top of his game with negotiation skills.

7.  The agent must be a master communicator and networker.

The agent you ultimately decide on must have top-notch communication skills and be able to talk to anyone, anywhere, anytime. After all, he’ll need those skills to successfully negotiate with team owners, coaches, and sponsors. He must be able to build honest rapport with virtually anyone and his networking skills must be unsurpassed.

8. Honesty, integrity, patience, determination, and drive must dominate the agents’ entire persona.

The agent you decide on HAS to be driven by these qualities in all areas of his life.

9. An agent should meet and exceed your needs as a client.

An agent will excel in all areas of client requirements such as endorsement deals, restructuring of contracts, doing your taxes, or simply providing an ear to you, your significant other, and perhaps even family members who have concerns. He sincerely cares for you, the individual.

10. Only the 100% committed need apply.

If you’ve narrowed your choices for an agent, put each to the test. Call at various times of the day to see if the agent picks up the phone or how long it takes him to call you back. The agent you want is the one who is available 24/7/365 and responds with enthusiasm, a can-do attitude, and stats to back up what he’s promising.

###

Image by simplistic-designs

, , , , , , , , ,

113 Responses to How to Find Your Sports Agent

1. Isaac R Tsoeu June 17, 2021 at 4:45 am #

Hello.my name is Isaac Tsoeu and I am looking for a sports agent.The sports that I am doing at the moment is Running the marathons,ultra marathons and cycling.i would love to do this as my lifetime jod.please hello me.

2. Esther Essy June 18, 2021 at 11:58 am #

Hi my name is Esther Simutanyi am a netball player looking for an agent to represent me n help me in my career life achieve my goals for I know netball is not seen though the public eye much less in Africa but I choose to work hard for it a make it my life time job cause I live netball your heal will me highly appreciated thank you

3. 69.16.224.147 July 4, 2021 at 12:46 am #

Ion Casino

Ion casino is a trustworthy and best on the internet casino site through 2010
    that has served millions of gamers in Asia. Ion casino or also known as Ionclub is the top ranking choice site because that provides the finest experience for gambling
    online players in Philippines. With an recognized license to function, this provider ensures that players
    create bets without danger, credibility and
    can be depended on.

4. Gideon July 15, 2021 at 1:34 am #

Hello I’m Gideon, a football player looking for a sport agent.

5. Kuldeep kumar July 27, 2021 at 11:34 pm #

I want play for Hero ISL
    Please help me

6. Kuldeep kumar July 27, 2021 at 11:40 pm #

I am kuldeep kumar a professional football player looking for h sports agent

7. Vincent Michael August 20, 2021 at 4:21 am #

Hello.. I’m a football goalkeeper at 6.9ft 18yrs of age and wish to make a career as a soccer player..looking for an agent that will assist.
    +2348107280830
    With my passion and determination,i will definitely be of great value

8. James Tholley August 31, 2021 at 7:54 am #

Hello I am a footballer central defender, I am looking for an Agent that will help me play professional football +23288437818

9. Aphiwe September 6, 2021 at 2:20 pm #

Hello I’m football player I’m looking for an Agent

10. Aaron September 17, 2021 at 8:27 am #

Hello I’m Aaron, a footballer and I really need a sport agent.. yaa286824@gmail.com

11. Jada Duncantell October 6, 2021 at 2:08 pm #

Hi my name is Jada Duncantell I’m a women’s basketball player. I’m looking to continue my sports career after college basketball. I play for the University of New Orleans and I really need a sport agent.

12. Freddy Ndhlovu October 8, 2021 at 10:35 am #

Hello my younger brother it’s a soccer player he is at Vaal as I m saying to improve himself through Education he is a soccer player

What he need it’s an agent to test him and question all what he want I believe you’ be answered accordingly his name is Nature Nxumalo please believe me you’ll be happy about him.

13. Ramonbaileyjr October 26, 2021 at 4:21 pm #

My name is Ramon Bailey and I’m looking for a agent for my senior son Ramon Bailey jr