What: The 3rd Annual Georgetown Entertainment & Media Alliance (GEMA) Sports & Entertainment Law Symposium
When: Friday, April 16, 2010
Where: Georgetown University, McDonough Room 200
Cost: Attorney receiving CLE credit ($159, $179), Attorney/Practitioner w/out CLE credit ($99, $129), Non-Georgetown Student ($19, $39), Georgetown Student (Free, Free). First number is applicable if you register before April 7th. Second price is if you wait until after that date to register. Click here to register.
8:15 – 9:00 a.m. – Networking Breakfast
9:00 a.m. – Welcome and Opening Remarks
9:10 – 10:55 a.m. – Adapting to New Media: A Look at the Legal Barriers Faced by the Entertainment and Media Industries in Adapting their Business Models to Include New Media.
- Dan Brenner, Partner, Hogan and Hartson
- Erin Dozier – Associate General Counsel, National Association of Broadcasters
- Bennett Fidlow – Partner, Schroder, Fidlow, Titley & Davis, PLC
- Mark MacCarthy – Adjunct Professor, Georgetown University
- Jon Sichel – Acting General Manager, Travel Channel Media
11:00 – 12:30 p.m. – The Future of the Music Industry: A Look at the Drastic Changes to the World of Music.
- Robyn Guilliams – Attorney, Fettmann, Tolchin & Majors, P.C.
- Marcus Johnson – Founder, Three Keys Music Label
- Colin Rushing – Attorney, SoundExchange
12:30 – 1:30 -p.m. – Lunch
1:35 – 3:05 p.m. – Privacy v. Publicity: A Look at the Competing Interests of an Athlete and Entertainer’s Right to Privacy versus the Media’s Right to Speak Freely.
- Meaghan Kent – Attorney, Venable LLP
- Terence Ross – Partner, Crowell & Moring
- Alicia Shephard – Professor, Georgetown University School of Continuing Studies; Ombudsman, National Public Radio
3:10 – 3:35 p.m. – Networking Break
3:40 – 5:10 p.m. – Labor and Arbitration in Sports: A Look at the Role of Arbitration in the Sports Industry.
- Donald Fish – Assistant General Manager, Director of Legal Affairs, Washington Capitals
- Damon Jones – Vice President and General Counsel, Washington Nationals
- James Oldham – Professor, Georgetown Law; Labor Arbitrator
- Benjamin Zelenko – Senior Counsel, Baach, Robinson and Lewis PLLC
5:10 – 6:30 p.m. – Reception
7:05 p.m. – Washington Nationals Game – Tickets will be sold in conjunction with Symposium registration at a discounted rate.
Just desire to say your article is as astounding.
The clarity for your put up is just nice and i can assume you’re a professional in this subject.
Fine together with your permission allow me to snatch your RSS feed to stay updated with approaching post.
Thank you one million and please keep up the enjoyable work.