- Top Rank Chair Bob Arum Thursday night said that Yankee Stadium will host a June 5 bout between Yuri Foreman and Miguel Cotto, according to Dave Skretta of the AP.
- Yankee Stadium could hold 30,000-35,000 fans for Foreman-Cotto bout.
By John Lombardo
- The LPGA has renewed its sponsorship deal with Blue Diamond Almonds and signed Florida’s Natural Brand citrus growers as an official partner.
By Karl Greenberg
- For the Mayweather fight, there is a “Who RU Picking?” campaign — a nod to the social-media effort HBO is putting behind the fight — has Tecate doing a $3 million campaign that includes a $30 rebate for the PPV fight. Golden Boy Promotions CEO Richard Schaefer, speaking at the Tuesday press launch of the fight in New York, said DeWalt Power Tools is also activating.
- For the Pacquiao fight, Tecate is doing a campaign that it had to put together on short notice, since the fight was developed shortly after the Pacquiao/Mayweather mega-fight fell through, per Carlos Boughton, brand director for Tecate. “It started as ‘well, let’s see what we can do,’ as we got notice a bit later.” Tecate and Top Rank are offering a $20 mail-in rebate coupon for the HBO PPV event with the purchase of a 12-pack or larger of Tecate or Tecate Light.