Yet, once again, English soccer powerhouse Manchester United claimed the No. 1 spot with a $2.33 billion price tag with Real Madrid followed closely at No. 2 for a reported $1.88 billion. The Super Bowl Champion New York Giants came in at No. 9 with a $1.3 billion worth, but the Super Bowl runner-up New England Patriots was slightly ahead at No. 6 ($1.4 billion).
Notes for World’s 50 Most Valuable Sports Teams
- The combined worth of all 50 teams totaled $53.69 billion.
- The National Hockey League did not have one organization crack the top 50 list. However, Forbes mentioned that professional hockey teams increased in value by 5% compared to last season.
- The least valuable NFL organization was the Jacksonville Jaguars at $725 million while the most valuable was the Dallas Cowboys at $1.85 billion.
- In the NBA, both coasts were represented as the Los Angeles Lakers and New York Knicks were the only two organizations on Forbes’ list.
- The New York Yankees were the most valuable Major League Baseball franchise at $1.85 billion.
- The franchise securing No. 50 was the Texas Rangers ($674 million).
Photo Credit: Manchester United Facebook Page